Senior Software Engineer
Trackforce – La Jolla, CA
Established in 2000, Trackforce has been dedicated exclusively to the development of web-based security management software systems. We strive to provide web and mobile applications that enable guard touring, tracking, reporting, inspection/quality assurance, and task management, all in real-time. As a successful company with a loyal customer base we need to grow our development team in our San Diego office to keep up with our new business ideas as well helping our customers with our custom-tailored software solutions.
We are looking for a candidate who will be able to catch the train in no time and be able to work closely with the senior development team to embrace our architecture and development stack.
The ideal candidate will have top notch technical skills and excellent communication skills, and will be able to work autonomously in a fast paced agile environment.
What we need from you:
– 5 years or more of serious C# experience;
– 2 or more years of SQL development and/or optimization;
– 2 or more years of experience in frontend development is a big plus, especially in the likes of Angular technologies;
– Ability to understand problems and bring in solutions that encompass everything from describing why it’s good to showing it working on production;
– French speaking is a big plus too (did I mention we started it all in France and brought the cheese in?).
What you’ll be doing:
Your primary job responsibilities will be to contribute to design, implement and test new features as well as help maintain the existing code base. By applying all the best practices your experience helped you collect over time, you’ll help maintain a high-quality code base and show the path to the less senior developers, enlightening their way to the greatness. In a more boring form you’ll be doing:
– Contribute to the design sessions and move business ideas from ideas to data models and code-ready business rules;
– As a proficient SQL developer, CRUD, evaluate performances, optimize queries and ensure our customers always get their data in no time;
– As an expert C# developer, you know how to implement that design pattern that no one else likes but that is the key to solving the problem, in other words, you don’t find solutions you know the solution;
– You have a strong understanding on how to build software solutions, not only build features. Thus, your work won’t stop at converting algorithms to C#, you’ll need to show the world it’s on production and he’s picky;
– As a smart craftsman you will help, when needed (it’s not a trap), taking care of the front-end part of the projects and won’t be afraid to put your hands into a cascade of CSS and AngularJS code (why does it still have the JS at the end? Because we build solutions for our customers to use them, not framed paintings to hang over the fireplace. We move the codebase and upgrade when we see fit but not at the cost of following the latest trend of last week).
What are you falling into:
– ASP.NET & MVC Stack;
– Air hockey table;
– Foosball table (the real one, says the boss);
– Jenkins & GitLab;
– Rugged maniac® or Spartan Race® DOE (those signs were requested by some lawyers);
– SQL Server;
– Immersion in French.
What you’ll get:
– A great salary DOE;
– Comprehensive benefits package;
– A playful open space to express your talent;
– Frequent getaways and office organized lunches (they are never frequent enough, right? Finish your projects on time and we’ll be able to have more of them);
– Fruits & snacks in the kitchen.
And again, the boring stuff:
– Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. without requiring a Visa, we won’t sponsor it;
– Local and direct applicants only; we don’t offer relocation;
– Our company is e-Verify compliant;
– We do background checks on all our employees.
To apply to this position, fill out the form below, making sure to include your resume and cover letter. We will get back to you if we feel like it is a good fit!